Sunday, November 9, 2008

Intro

Cathy:

Thanks for starting this blog and inviting me to join. The Fanning DNA Project is close to my heart and I appreciate this way to communicate with others that have the same interest.

My Fanning DNA Project number is F-2, meaning I was the second to test in the project, preceded by F-1 which is Cathy Stoppel's brother Gary Fanning.

My lineage descends from Bryan Fannin, Sr. (ca.1695-1765) of Amelia County, Virginia through his son Achilles Fanning, Sr. (ca. 1735 - 1812) through his son Bryant Fannin (ca. 1755-1839) through his son Rev. John Fannin, Sr. (1779-1853) of Lawrence County, Ky. through his son Isaac Fannin (1808-1845) through his son John D. Fannin (1831-1899) of Boyd County, Ky. through his son Joseph Lewis Fannin (1886-1958) who was my paternal grandfather.

I am interested in all the Fanning/Fannin/Fannon lines found in our project, but my particular interest lies in finding the origins of Bryan Fannin of Amelia Co., Va. This directs my interest to
the Edmund Fanning line of Conn. since he has long been suggested as the ancestor of Bryan Fannin. This has been tentatively disproven by two DNA tests in our project. I am interested in
finding a third person to test from this line.

My interests are also found in locating any Irish lines that would connect to my ancestor. This
directs me to Thomas Fanning F-12 since his line is from Co. Leitrim, Ireland and his DNA is
closely connected to Chestnut Creek John Fanning F-1 & others, which in turn, are closely connected to my line.

Finally, I am interested in other lines that come from Bryan Fannin, Sr. of Amelia County, Va.;
that is: Laughlin Fanning, Jehu (John) Fannin, Bryant Fannin, Jr. Many of the descendants
of these have settled in the Carolinas, Georgia & Alabama. Some names that are associated with these lines are: Welcome Fanning, Braxton Fannin, Middleton Fanning, and others.

I would love to work with anyone who is interested in following up male descendants from any of these lines and pursuading them to DNA test throught the Fanning DNA Project.

Regards,

J Patric Fannin (Pat = forefather)

No comments: